The Liermolen is a watermill which originally belonged to the de Lire Family. It
was bought by the abbey in 1341. The present mill dates from the 17th and
18th centuries. The annexes were extended in the 19th century. The
Liermolen is driven by water at half-height of the wheel. Part of the Museum of
the Old Techniques is housed in the mill barn.
Address: Vorststraat 8, 1850 Grimbergen, tel: 02/269.76.90